Easy to make, versatile, soft and delicious every time. Laucke scone mix contains a selection of quality ingredients to give a soft, moist and elastic dough to produce scones that look attractive and taste even better.
Unbleached Wheaten flour, Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Full Cream Milk powder, Raising agent (500, 339, 341, 450), Natural Butter Flavour, Emulsifier (471), Flour treatment agent (481), Gum (466), Antioxidant (322, 306).
Allergens – Contains Gluten, Milk Solids and Soy
Nutritional Information – per 100g
|Fat – Total||5.9g|
|Fat – Saturated||3.1g|
|Carbohydrate – Total||52.5g|
|Carbohydrate – Sugars||7.8g|
Each 500g makes 10 large scones
500g Scone Mix
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Combine Laucke CWA Scone Mix with water. Country Women know that excellent scones require more moisture and kneading than is common practice.
- Knead dough vigorously until soft, smooth and sticky, and you will be rewarded with softer, moister scones that stay fresher, longer. This is more easily achieved in a Mixer with a K type dough hook, mixing for 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Scrape on to a floured board to rest for 5 minutes, where the dough will lose stickiness.
- Dust and roll out to 2.5 to 3 cm thickness. Cut scones, and place on a lined baking tray, just close enough so that when baked the scones will support one another as they rise.
- Gather and combine the dough trimmings, round up and let rest again for 5 minutes. Repeat rolling, cutting.
- Bake in a preheated oven 210°C (fan forced 200°C) for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve with jam and cream or your favorite topping